Simplify your message
This is our most important advice to advocates. General assignment reporters may know little about legal aid. Show how legal aid helps protect people’s livelihoods, health, housing and families.
Sign up to stay informed and add your voice. The JusticeVoices Network is the communications network for civil legal aid.
You can also:
- Send us your best press clips — We track media coverage of civil legal aid nationwide, but we don’t catch every article every day. We urge you to share your news clips with us.
- Tell us what worked for you — We are always on the lookout for creative approaches and best practices. Tell us what communications strategies work for you, so we can help others replicate your success.
- Send us story ideas — What trends are you seeing? What innovative approaches is your organization using to help clients obtain fair and just outcomes? Let us know!
Download our Media Toolkit for Advocates
This 15-page PDF document contains:
- Legal aid message and talking points
- Q&A about legal aid
- Media interview tips
- How to write op-eds
- Collect a storybank of anecdotes to share