Opened in 2009, seeks to increase access to the legal system by providing extensive support services to self-represented parties. Based in Las Vegas and has extensive online resources.
Link to organization
Primary geographic focus: Nevada
Organization type(s): Online, Provider
Tags: Information Centers, Pro Se/Self-Help
Among other things, the center does:
- Provides legal information, educational materials, and training to self-represented litigants regarding court rules, court procedure, and various civil legal topics;
- Assists with the identification and completion of legal forms;
- Refers parties to other legal and non-legal community resources;
- Conducts a weekly Ask-A-Lawyer program, at which litigants can meet with volunteer pro bono attorneys regarding landlord-tenant issues; and
- Provides forms and information via its website on such topics as mediation, small claims actions, landlord-tenant disputes, foreclosures, protection orders, and how to represent one’s self in court, among other things.
CONTENT MENTIONING/INVOLVING THIS SOURCENews Story Rachel Crosby
Las Vegas Review-Journal
March 27, 2020
Blog Post Lonnie A. Powers
July 11, 2014
This blog post details the way technology and self-help centers are helping expand access to justice.
This page last modified: Thu, April 16, 2015 -- 7:03 pm ET