The Nevada Supreme Court Commission on Access to Justice was created by order in June 2006.
Link to organization
Primary geographic focus: Nevada
Organization type(s): ATJ Initiative
Acronym or short name: NSCAJC
Tags: Access to Justice Commissions
The purpose of the Access to Justice Commission shall be to:
- Assess current and future needs for civil legal services for persons of limited means in Nevada.
- Develop statewide policies designed to support and improve the delivery of legal services.
- Improve self-help services and opportunities for proper person litigants and increase pro bono activities.
- Develop programs to increase public awareness of the impact that limited access to justice has on other government services and on society.
- Investigate the availability of and pursue increased public and private financing to support legal services organizations and other efforts to provide legal services to persons of limited means.
- Recommend legislation or rules affecting access to justice to the supreme court.
This page last modified: Tue, April 14, 2015 -- 1:51 pm ET