Registration is open for the third annual National Legal Aid Communications & Media Training – our signature event for growing and strengthening the army of messengers for civil justice.
Voices is partnering again with Management Information Exchange to hold a day and a half of training in conjunction with the National Fundraising Conference in Los Angeles. The Communications & Media Training will take place on July 25th and 26th at the Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza.
This year we’re focused on making sure you have the tools you need to succeed, no matter where you are in your communications and media journey.
What’s new in 2018?
- “Own Your Expertise” – An interactive workshop with Katie Orenstein, founder of the Op-Ed Project (this is a joint plenary with attendees of the MIE National Fundraising Conference)
- Fresh and interactive sessions on:
- messaging strategies for civil legal aid and civil justice reform
- strategic communications planning
- how to recognize, leverage, and create your own media opportunities
- Individualized coaching for a limited number of participants who have a working draft of a communications plan, pitch, or op-ed, and are ready to bring it to the next level; stay tuned for more details about this
Who should come?
- Advocates, communications and development professionals, executive directors, and others who are interested in the power of communications and media
- We welcome participants of all skill and experience levels
What will you get?
- The chance to build and sharpen the communications and media skills in your toolkit
- Hands-on training tailored to your specific needs and aimed at creating work products that you can take home and use
- Time to learn from and connect with your colleagues and peers
Where can you sign-up?
Questions? You can reach us at email@example.com
Editing status on site: